Kelly Mahler MS, OTR/L, earned a MS in Occupational Therapy, as well as a Post-Professional Pediatric Certificate from Misericordia University, Dallas, PA. She is an occupational therapist and autism consultant who supports school-aged individuals and young adults with autism spectrum disorders. Mahler is also co-founder of Destination Friendship, an organization dedicated to providing multidisciplinary social skill groups within the community. She has presented numerous seminars and workshops at the international and national levels. Mahler has authored many books and instructional materials, including:
- Interoception: The Eighth Sensory System
- The Comprehensive Assessment of Interoceptive Awareness
- Sensory Issues and High Functioning Autism (with Myles and Robbins) —winner of National Parenting Publications Bronze Medal
- Destination Friendship: Developing Social Skills for Individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders or Other Social Challenges (with Benton, Hollis, and Womer)
- Hygiene and Related Behaviors for Children and Adolescents With Autism Spectrum and Related Disorders -- winner of Mom's Choice Awards Gold Medal.